ESSENTIAL SKILLS FOR ATLANTIC FISHERIES (ESAF)
The Goals of ESAF are to:
- Increase workplace essential skills of people entering and employed the fisheries sector.
- Address local labour market and workforce challenges.
- Help Islanders who are unemployed/underemployed find and maintain employment.
- Create a training model that is innovative, sustainable, customizable and transferable to other communities across Prince Edward Island and Canada.
What We Have To Offer Employers:
- Free training for your new and returning employees.
- Free training for your supervisors and managers.
- Increased productivity and reduced errors.
- Wages subsidies for work placement terms.
- To apply to be an employer please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 902-218-8484.
What We Have To Offer Participants:
- Upgrade your skills and capabilities for the workplace.
- Add a new certificate to your resume.
- An opportunity for a paid work placement.
- A new Chromebook Computer to keep upon completion of your training.
- To apply to be a participant please email email@example.com or call 902-218-8484.
The ESAF classroom training will cover the following topics:
Essential Skills for the Workplace
- Working with others
- Oral communication
- Computer use
- Document use
- Continuous Learning
- Time Management
- Stress Management
- Personal presentation
Mentoring in the Workplace and Leadership – these are training courses that will be provided for a team of your employees who you identify as your leaders/managers/mentors.
Chromebook Computer Training – we provide to all 5 week course participants.
- The training curriculum for ESAF participants and mentors has been developed by the College of North Atlantic, Newfoundland.
- Course facilitation for Prince Edward Island will be delivered by Workplace Learning PEI.
- ESAF PEI Project Coordinator is Lily Reaman of PEI Literacy Alliance.
- ESAF is funded by Canada’s National Essential Skills Initiatives.