We have 38 member organizations that represent community organizations, businesses, government departments, government organizations, unions and educational institutions.
Members of the PEI Literacy Alliance are organizations passionate about building a culture of literacy, learning and prosperity on PEI.
Each member organization appoints a representative to attend, speak and vote on behalf of the organization at the PEI Literacy Alliance general meetings.
The Directors of the Governing Board of the PEI Literacy Alliance consists of 7-10 representatives of organizations, elected by its Membership.
The appointed representative of each member organization can:
- attend, speak and have one vote at all general meetings
- nominate a representative to be elected as a Director
- replace its representative if he or she is elected to the Board of Directors
- receive minutes of annual general meetings, the financial audit, newsletters and other reports produced by the PEI Literacy Alliance
- take part in the election of Directors through its representative
Become a member organization today! It’s free.
- Canadian Mental Health Association-PEI
- Canadian Union of Public Employees
- CHANCES Family Centre PEI
- Collège de l’Île
- Community Legal Information Association
- Culture PEI
- Early Childhood Development Association
- Greater Charlottetown Area Chamber of Commerce
- Holland College – Adult and Community Education
- Institute of Advanced Learning
- Learning Disabilities Association of PEI
- Mi’kmaq Confederacy of Prince Edward Island
- Native Council of Prince Edward Island
- PEERS Alliance
- PEI Advisory Council on the Status of Women
- PEI Association for Community Living
- PEI Association for Newcomers to Canada
- PEI Business Women’s Association
- PEI Council of People with Disabilities
- PEI Department of Education, Early Learning and Culture
- PEI Department of Family and Human Services
- PEI Department of Workforce and Advanced Learning
- PEI Family Violence Prevention Services
- PEI Federation of Labour
- PEI Home and School Federation
- PEI Professional Librarians’ Association
- PEI Public Library Service
- PEI Senior Citizens’ Federation
- PEI Speech and Hearing Association
- PEI Teachers’ Federation