Ready Set Learn 2020
About Ready Set Learn
- This is a free one-to-one tutoring program for children who need it the most.
- Each child receives 1 hour/week of free tutoring for 8 weeks over July and August. For younger children this may be two 30-minute sessions a week.
- We work with children in grades K to 6 only.
- We create fun and positive learning environments.
Program changes due to Covid-19
- Tutors will work one-to-one with children virtually through Zoom Classroom.
- Each child will receive a Literacy Kit to be used during tutoring sessions.
- Parents will have to sign this legal waiver – Waiver for Parents – 2020
- Parent’s must sign our Respectful Environment Policy – 2020
said they enjoyed the program
improved their attitude towards learning
“I learned that reading can be fun!”
Mathias, grade 3 student
“I learned that math can be fun sometimes and that if I do my best I do a really good job!”
Lily, grade 4 student
of parents agreed the program helped their child’s attitude toward learning
“My son has been in this program for 2 years, and he has fun reading now! Thank you!”
Andrea, Parent of elementary-aged child
of summer tutors agreed their experience added value to their future plans
“It’s my third year tutoring with this [Ready Set Learn] program and I consider myself very fortunate to work with these students and enhance their learning over the summer months in a fun and positive environment.”
Ellie, summer tutor
“Books are a uniquely portable magic.”Stephen King
Ready Set Learn
Free Books for Kids
Adult Learner Awards and Resources