Posted: January 18, 2021
Deadline for applications: February 10, 2021 at 4:00 pm
PEI Literacy Alliance’s mission is to advance literacy for the people of Prince Edward Island.
The PEI Literacy Alliance is currently looking for a Program Manager to manage our well-established Ready Set Learn Program. The Ready Set Learn Program is a free tutoring program for children ages 5 to 12. Each summer we hire about 20-25 tutors to work with children across the Island in English, French Immersion, and Francophone programs.
Status: Full-Time (2-year contract, with possibility of extension)
Reports to: Executive Director
Office Hours: 40% from office (Sherwood Business Centre in Charlottetown, PEI) and 60% from home. This work scenario will be re-examined in six months-time depending on the employee’s performance and the COVID-19 health risk situation.
Salary: $24/hour, 37.5 hours a week
Projected Start day: March 1st, 2021
Benefits: We offer a competitive benefits package including: health benefits, 2.5% matching RRSP contributions, 3-weeks-vacation a year, additional paid time off over Christmas, and assistance setting up a home office.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Adhere to Alliance’s policies and procedures
- Develop evaluations in consultation with the Executive Director
- Collect and analyze program evaluations to present findings in the final report
- Prepare interim and final reports in consultation with the Executive Director
- Maintain clear records (program expenses, parent permission slips, and waivers)
- Provide bookkeeper with timely and accurate tutor payroll information
- Collect, review, and submit timely and accurate tutor expense claims to the Executive Director
- Work within budget and forecast expenses
- Program Funding – apply for wage subsidy programs, write proposals, and write letters for sponsorship and/or support
- Ensure effective and timely program coordination and communication
- Supervise tutors
- General responsibilities including secure filing, updating Executive Director on a weekly basis on work progress, attending weekly staff meetings, maintaining confidentiality, and supporting other Alliance staff members.
- 4 years of experience developing and running programs for children, minimum
- Experience hiring, training, mentoring and supervising multi staff
- Experience creating and delivering presentations
- Experience writing funding proposals and sponsorship letters
- Experience evaluating programs and writing reports
- Strong organizational and job task planning skills with attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Strong digital skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Experience with conflict resolution
- Ability to work within budget and forecast expenditures
- Willingness to be a part of the Alliance team – we all help each other when needed and at the direction of the ED
- Satisfactory criminal record check annually
- Ability to travel within PEI
Preferred qualifications, but not required:
- Plain language and clear design writing skills
- Knowledge of teaching strategies for children with learning disabilities and behaviour issues
- Experience working with vulnerable populations