Board of Directors – Volunteer Positions
Deadline to apply is August 28, 2020
The Board of Directors is the legal authority for PEI Volunteers for Literacy. As a member of the Board, a Director acts in a position of trust and is responsible for the effective governance of the organization, which includes fiscal responsibility and strategic direction.
- Be a representative of a member organizations (note: membership is free and takes minutes to sign up)
- Commitment to literacy, and the mission and work of the organization Understanding of not for profit governance
- Willingness to serve on committees and fundraise Attendance and involvement at board meetings
- Attendance at the Annual General Meeting
- Support of special events such as the PGI Annual Fundraiser
- Remain informed on sector trends and the impact of literacy
- Participate in board deliberations and decisions in governance areas about policy, finance, senior personnel, advocacy, and education.
The Director will:
- Bring individual knowledge, skills, and diversity of perspective, as well as networks of knowledge and influence, to inform the work of the Board and PEI Literacy Alliance.
- Approve policy and other recommendations received from the Board, its standing committees, and senior staff.
- Review the bylaws and policy manual and recommend bylaw changes to the membership.
- Review the board’s governance model
- Maintain confidentially
- Act in the best interest of the organization Participate in the development of PEI Literacy Alliance’s strategic plan and impact.
- Participate on board committees
- Approve and review PEI Literacy Alliance’s budget and financial statements
- Approve the hiring and release of the executive director, including the contract.
- Evaluate the executive director Assist in developing and maintaining positive relations among the board, committees, staff members and community to enhance PEI Literacy Alliance’s objectives.
- 2-year term with potential to renew for an additional term up to a maximum of 3 two-year terms.
- The Board meets quarterly
- Committees meet as required
- AGM is held in September
- New Board Orientation will be held in October/November
Deadline to apply:
August 28, 2020
How to apply:
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org